- 3D Printing Objects
- Number of objects per hour
- Number of successful prints per day
- Material economy
- Printer Farm
- optimization of network
- Data points captured per hour
- 3D Software
- optimization between capture and data points
- FABMOBs.com site use
- Captured data
- Number of duplicated tiles
Page not found.
- 3D Objects
- Object detail resolution
- Visual literacy
- Color compatibility
- Algorithm diversity
- Smooth aggregates
- Render quality
- Object/model optimization
- Compatibility with poles
- 3D printer
- Connection quality
- Objective: build an integrated platform of data visualization and generative design by building upon a 3d printer’s inherent potential for expansion, connectivity and mobility. Through the synthesis of hardware, software and mobile networks, fabricate unique, connected objects from physical data.
- FABMOB (fabrication + mobility) is — a sensor and a transmitter, a prototype and a platform, mobile and networked. FABMOB transforms atmospheric data captured here and now, into a digital models that can be fabricated into an…
- ATMOStag (atmosphere + tag): a tile printed by FABMOB. The tile’s generated geometry represents the synthesis of the captured data. ATMOStag serves to a mark (or tag) a territory, or to compare the atmospheric flux in space and time.
The theory of 4D printing describes making something in one shape that unfolds to become another – in essence, 3D printing with an extra layer of computational power.
The value of an ATMOStag_TILE is based on the object’s exhibition: the objects created during this testing process will compose a work of art, an extension of the work that we have been doing for the past 15 years as artists and architects. The public exhibition of this installation brings value to each unique tile for having been a part of this œuvre.
The value of an ATMOStag_TILE is based on the object’s presentation: Each 3D printed ATMOStag_TILE is accompanied by a hand-made silicon sheath. The sheath fills out the TILE, forming a rectangular cuboid that’s easier to ship. After pealing it away to reveal the TILE’s surface, we see that the sheath forms its double and negative. The TILE is the sheath’s mould, and its interior is both the double and negative of its complex geometry. It can be used to hold hold the TILE like a precious artefact. It is also a demonstration of 3D printing’s the multiple use cases, as both object and scaffolding, support and content, structure and envelope.
The value of an ATMOStag_TILE is based on the object’s reproducibility: receiving the tile’s license gives you the rights for future uses of this unique object. We can 3D print the TILE once, for its inclusion as part of the ATMOStag_INSTALLATION, but the tile and its rights to be reproduced belong to you.
The value of an ATMOStag_TILE is based on the object’s singularity. It is a unique object whose reproducibility is limited by the license agreement between you, our backers, and FABMOBs.
Yes, FABMOBs uses open source software and hardware, contributing innovation back to the community.